Monday, May 16, 2011

Why Not Say Something Nice?

I'm sure everyone has noticed that people typically don't say nice things to each other.  And by people I don't mean your friends and family that you have known forever.  I mean people that you see out and about in your daily life.  More often I hear my friends and family bitching about the stupid fucker that just cut in front of them while driving somewhere.  Or the ass clown that was mean muggin' them at King Soopers.  Or just some thing that some person did that annoyed them.  Instead of hearing about the nice guy that held the door open for them, the person that helped them pick something up that they knocked over, or someone that said that they smell or look nice or some shit.

It's really sad knowing that people feel like they can't just be open with their positive thoughts of other people.  Of course, I don't advise any dudes go out and tell random women that their ass looks bangin' since I don't want anyone to get slapped or arrested.  But it just seems like people should be nicer you know?  How many times have you seen some person somewhere and want to say something to them but don't?  Maybe you think they're wearing an awesome shirt or have nice eyes or something.  Why not tell them that?  I know for a fact that it would make my day a much better one if people randomly told me about things they like about me.  In fact, the other day someone said they liked my shirt and even though I was in a pretty upset mood, that still made my night a bit better.

While I always hold doors open for people or help them in any way I can when I can, I still haven't been very on-top of saying nice things to random people.  Here and there I do, but I still think I could say more to more people.  I've for sure been more open with my friends.  Most of my friends are female so I of course have to word things certain ways to prevent them from thinking that I'm hitting on them or trying to get in their pants.  But the results have been great!  It's so weird to me that most of them have no idea what to say when I give them the kind of compliment that only their boyfriends or husband(s) have gave them.  Like it's such a taboo thing for a male to give a female a compliment without expecting some sex or something.  From what I'm told and from what I've observed, chicks compliment other chicks all the time!  On their nails, shoes, make-up, or whatever.  But almost never is there any thought that the complimenter is a lesbo looking for some scissoring action.

So I'm looking to bridge the gap between male and female friends and stranger to stranger!  Why not try to make the world a nicer place for everyone?  Why not make people feel good about themselves without expecting something in return?  I no longer see the need to be an anti-people goth kid that hates life or just some bitter scum bag that has nothing better to do than to talk about how people equal shit.  Sure, there's always going to be assholes and bitches.  But don't you think some of those people would be a little nicer if someone treated them better?  Sometimes people's behavior makes me want to get a ghetto blaster playing Give Peace A Chance by John Lennon and slap them over the head with it.  Slap the peace right in to them!  :P

Seriously though, I hope some of you join me in my quest.  Have some confidence and say something nice to someone!  You know it would make your day if someone were to do that for you.  Treat others like you would like to be treated!  The Golden fuckin' Rule and shit yo!  Word to your mother.  Peace out! 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! And so very true.
    Hey Mike, you got a BANGING ASS!
    sorry had to do it... hehe

    ReplyDelete